Squirter DTIs For Easier and Better Fastening
SQUIRTER® DTIs are DTI's with a flexible silicone embedded in the depressions under the bumps. To use them, simply ... Tighten the bolt until the calibrated amount of orange silicone appears from under the DTI's squirt locations, then stop tightening. That's all there is to it.
Now you can see when you're done.
SQUIRTER® DTI FEATURES:
- Easier & Better than Turn-off Nut
- You don't have to remember to stop turning at 1/3rd, 1/2, or 2/3rds turn. No match marking necessary.
- Better than a Twist-Off Bolt
- Tension control rather than torque control.
- No splined end to twist off and become a safety hazard.
- No problems caused by the splined end shearing off in torsion before the plies are together.
- Easier & Better than Calibrated Wrench
- You don't have to establish and then check the torque resistance of bolts daily and for each lot and when your wrench condition changes.
- Works with All Bolt Lengths
- Even when the bolts are extremely short or long, SQUIRTER® DTIs show you when the correct tension has been achieved.
- Saves Erector Time
- Enables correct tensioning as fast as the wrench can be moved to the next bolt, because the operator can see when to stop.
- Establishes A Good Snug Point
- With SQUIRTER® DTIs, snug is partial bolt tightness without any or much silicone showing. The snug criteria becomes no squirt. The tight criteria becomes squirt.
- Visual Low Tech Tension Indicator
- The orange silicone is easy for erectors to see. No feeler gage except during calibration.
- Safe for Inspectors
- Once calibrated, because inspectors can easily see the orange squirts, they don't have to climb out to all the connections or lug around a torque wrench to know the connection has been completed. And instead of sampling only some of the DTI's with a feeler gage, Squirter® DTIs allow virtually 100% inspection.
- Squirter® DTI's Approved
- SQUIRTER® DTIs are still made and certified to ASTM F959. FHWA pre-installation verification procedures, Research Council tests, and State DOT Quality Assurance procedures are unaffected.
- Extremely High Bolt Tension Avoided
- Erectors know when to stop tightening. Some applications prefer bolts tightened over a minimum, but not too far over. SQUIRTER® DTIs enable previously unavailable control.